Many cats die from poisoning each and every year. Make sure all of your poisons and hazardous chemicals are stored where your cat cannot get to them.
I will give you a list of poisons and chemicals that may be fatal if ingested by your cat:
- drain cleaner
- mouse poison
- make up
- anti freeze
- floor polish
- car wax
- rust remover
- glass cleaner
- medications for humans
- diesel fuel
- and many more
Have a medication on hand that will induce vomiting if your cat has swallowed something that could be fatal. Check with your vet if he wants you to induce vomiting for your cat. It will depend upon what your cat has swallowed if it is necessary to induce vomiting. If you are not sure if your cat has swallowed a poison but he appears sick call your vet ASAP. Depending upon what type of poison he may have swallowed he could die in a manner of minutes.
Do not put any mouse poison or ant killer out if you have a cat. if you change your engine oil put the old oil where your cat cannot get to it. Cats will drink anti freeze because it has a sweet taste. Anti freeze will kill your cat. Never, never leave out hazardous items that could kill your cat. Remember to make sure cupboard doors and closet doors are properly shut. Cats can sneak into the smallest of openings and get into trouble very quickly.
Garbage can be a hazard. Your cat can get his head stuck in a can or a bottle and suffocate. Plastic bags can also cause suffocation if they become stuck in them. Dispose of your garbage properly.
I hope your cat never swallows anything that will harm him. Always be extra careful with all cleaning supplies and chemicals.
Copyright 2015 Not to be reproduced in any form.